Getting ready to decorate your holiday table? These adorable place card holders are so fun and easy to make! Copper wire is coiled into a faux flower and ‘planted’ in a painted miniature clay pot. Make up a bunch of these for any occasion, simple change the color scheme to suit your event. These would be delightful as wedding favors!
Miniature clay pots
Sage green raffia
18 gauge ColourCraft copper wire
Ranger paint dabbers in gold, copper, lettuce and sunset orange
Hot Glue Sticks
Small glass pebbles
Hot glue gun
Round nose pliers
Nylon jaw pliers
- Paint your pots and allow to dry. Paint a second coat if needed.
- Glue decorative ribbon around edges with Liquid Fusion.
- Cut a 5” segment of ColourCraft wire. Bend one end of your wire with pliers to create a small stand that fits inside of your pot.
- Use round nose pliers to start a flat wire coil and continue using nylon jaw pliers. Make this a loose rather than tight coil.
- Cut off a 10” length of raffia.
- Hot glue your wire base into the pot, add a small glass pebble and more glue and your raffia. Allow glue to dry.
- You can use “glue dots” to secure these on the table and prevent them from tipping over. Add your own festive place cards.
-Margot Potter for Beadalon