Skip to main content

Beads, Baubles & Jewels Sneak Peek


It may not sound exciting to say I go to Cleveland twice a year, but I go there to tape a TV show! Here I am on the set of the PBS series, Beads, Baubles, and Jewels with host Katie Hacker. We're excited to be working together, can you tell? Katie is the host with the most, and makes it SO much more fun than ever.

On the table are yummy new  "sunflower" Swarovski crystal fancy stones, which I show used in a beaded netting bezel technique. (You have to wait for the series to air before that project is available, sorry!) You know, I'm not usually a big yellow fan but this sunflower color is just brilliant and fiery. A true dazzler!

Thanks to Beadalon, who sponsored my segments. I only use their WildFire beading thread for all my seed beading – all my beading, actually. Thanks to Swarovski for sending me samples of this fabulous new color, and to John Bead Company for the Miyuki Delicas I also used in this lesson.

The series starts airing nationwide on public television in Spring 2011. Stay tuned!
 

-Leslie Rogalski, Beadalon Design Team Member
www.sleeplessbeader.blogspot.com

Comments