I’m obsessed. I can’t get enough of these wrap bracelets. They are super easy to make and popping up everywhere. I started making them with Leather Cord, moved to rubber tubing and then wondered how Beadalon Beading Wire would work. Turns out, using .024 or .030 Silver Plated or Gold Plated Beading Wire for the base and .012 or .013 Silver Plated or Gold Plated Beading Wire for the wraps gives a gorgeous result! There are many variations to these bracelets, but here are some basic instructions.
Wire Wrap Bracelet
Designed by Meredith Roddy
JW12GP-10FT 49STRD WIRE .024" GOLDPL 10'
JW09GP-15FT 19STRD WIRE .012" GOLDPL 15'
349A-026 CRIMPCOVER 7MM SPARKL NFGP 14P
JFCT4G-1.5G CRIMP TUBE 2.5MM GOLDPLT 1.5G
JFC1G-1.5G CRIMP BEAD 2.0MM GOLDPLT 1.5G
Gold spacer beads 6mm tubes
Gold spacer beads 3mm tube
Swarovski Elements 6mm cubes
1.Measure your wrist and determine how many times you want the bracelet to wrap around your wrist. Add 2-3 inches to this for how long your .024 Goldplated Beadalon Wire should be and double it.
2. Fold your wire in half. String a #4 crimp tube over both wires. Size the loop so it will fit over your bead or button clasp. Add the strand of .012 Goldplated Beadalon wire and crimp.
3. Cover your crimp with a crimp cover.
4.Secure each end of the bracelet to a clipboard to make beading easier. Use a piece of cardboard in-between the clips and the wire to minimize damage (I use a folded over business card).
5. Form figure-8s with the .012 Beadalon Wire onto the cord, coming up from the bottom and over the top of the the two strands of .024 wire.
6.Thread the 3mm gold bead on the .012 Beadalon Wire. Go over the top of the top cord then feed the wire under the cord and go back through the bead you just added. Go over the cord on the bottom, around and through the two .024 Beadalon Wires to to come up from the bottom.
7. Thread a 6mm gold bead on the .012 Beadalon Wire and repeat step 6 to hold it in place.
8. Thread a crystal on the .012 Beadalon Wire and repeat step 6 to hold it in place.
9. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until your bracelet is the desired length.
10. When you get to the end, make another figure 8 with just the Beadalon Wire, string a #4 crimp tube over the three wires and crimp.
11. Snip the .012 Beadalon Wire and cover the crimp tube with a crimp cover.
12. Add the button by stringing the Beadalon .024 Wires through and back around. Secure underneath with size 2 crimp beads.
13.Wear and enjoy!
Beadalon Sales Executive