I Heart Bangle Bracelets: Katie Hacker
Statement bracelets are where it’s at for spring and summer 2012, and memory wire bangles are my latest obsession. They’re easy to make, just about one-size-fits-all and they look great on your wrist!
Tip: Even though it isn't the first technique you think of, making bangle bracelets is one of my favorite uses for memory wire. To make sure the bracelet is the right size, measure your fist at its widest point and cut the memory wire loops just about one-half inch larger.
1. Use round-nose pliers to make a small loop on one end of each piece of memory wire.
2. Pass each memory wire through: chip, glass, chip, 2 plain spacers. Then, string a square slider onto the wires by passing each wire through a hole on the slider. Pass each wire through: 2 plain spacers, chip, glass, chip.
3. Pass each wire through a decorative spacer, then string a rectangle slider onto the wires by passing each wire through a separate hole on the slider. Pass each wire through a decorative spacer.
4. Repeat the beading pattern until all of the beads are strung.
5. Bend each end in a loop and connect it to the corresponding loop at the beginning of the bracelet.
1. Cut three 1-1/4" lengths of chain and thread them onto an eye pin loop.
2. Pass the eye pin through a chip, glass, chip and decorative spacer.
3. Make a basic loop to connect it to an ear wire.
4. Repeat Steps 1-3 to make a matching earring.
Beadalon Design Team Member