Skip to main content

Trendy, simple bar necklace tutorial

Hey beading friends! Yesterday on Facebook Live, I made a super fun and fast Bar Necklace with Swarovski Crystals and Beadalon Wire and Chain. Everywhere I look, I'm seeing people wearing multiple layered necklaces, and one of them is usually a Bar Necklace. I love how easily this necklace works up. I've made them to match almost everything I wear!

We posted a step by step YouTube Video that has all of the part numbers and instructions. This is one of my favorite projects and it uses some of my favorite Beadalon Findings!  All you need to add is a few beads from your stash and you're ready to get started.


Materials:
Diamond Cut Ball Chain 340B-060
Ball Chain End 338B-201
Chain Maille Jump Ring A314-20S-10-02
Lobster Clasp 315B-032
Open Circle Tag 322B-014

Tools:
Chain Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Cutters

Instructions:
To get started, Cut 2x 8" lengths of Diamond Cut Ball Chain.
Attach a Ball Chain End to all four ends with Chain Nose Pliers.
Attach a Chain Maille Jump Ring on all four ends.
Attach a Lobster Clasp to one chain, and an Open Circle Tag on another.
Use about 6" of German Style or Artistic Wire in 20-24 Gauge to make the bar part of the necklace.
Bend a Wrapped Loop on One End.
String on 12x 4mm Beads and bend another Wrapped Loop on the other side.
Attach it to the loops to the jump rings on the two ends of the chain necklace.
Easy as that!

I'm giving these as gifts to my son's camp counselors to thank them for a great summer. I hope you like making them as much as I do!

See you next Wednesday at 3:00pm EST for our next Facebook Live.

Happy beading!
Meredith 



Comments