Skip to main content

Jewelry Trend: Chain

When I was in California for CHA a few weeks ago, I spent some time looking for trends in downtown Los Angeles. Chain remains the strongest component in the jewelry making market. I could not believe how many different styles and finishes I saw! Here are two designs to inspire you:


Here is a bracelet I created for Beadalon using stringing wire as "spacing bars." The clasp is one of the "Upper Clasp" styles that is in Catalog 30. I added CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski Elements to bring that "treasure" style like to the multi-strand bracelet.


Next is a necklace featuring heavy chain with sparking thread wrapped around a small section of a star key ring. According to Women's Wear Daily, stars will be one of the hottest motifs for Spring/Summer 2010. You can create chains of stars using jump rings to connect several them together. Here, I added two crystal red magma twisted crystal stones to jazz up the neckline.

-Fernando Dasilva

www.DasilvaJewelry.com

Comments

  1. Both pieces are gorgeous! I have noted that ribbon and chain in jewelry is hot hot hot right now, as is Asymmetric flowers and other focal notes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment