Skip to main content

Making Earrings with Sarah and Meredith!


Sarah James from Jesse James Beads joined us on Facebook Live this week to launch their newest Goddess Beads collection. I had planned something else for our Facebook Live, but once I saw the beads Sarah brought, I just new it was going to have to be an earrings extravaganza! Sarah had made a gorgeous pair of earrings at the Beadalon and TierraCast Designer Battle Royale at Bead & Button in June, but she had lost one (sad face). So, we used some TierraCast Components, some Jesse James beads and Artistic Wire to whip up some new ones in no time! I grabbed some of the Artistic Wire Findings Forms to make matching earwires. We had so much fun designing, now I can't stop making earrings!

Sarah was kind enough to leave some bead goodies behind, so I used her design as my inspiration for today's project!

22 Gauge Silver Filled Wire (used in the video) or 22 Gauge Tarnish Resistant Brass Artistic Wire
Memory Wire Finishing Pliers or Round Nose Pliers
Findings Form Question Mark
Battery Operated Bead Reamer
Cup Burr Attachment for the Battery Operated Bead Reamer

These earring take the basic formula that we used in the show: one multi component, three dangles (one tassel, one wrapper with a Tierra Cast component, one fabric flower), and made these earrings. I love how this basic formula can translate to so many different variations!



Thanks so much to Sarah and Jesse James Beads for inspiring me! We love having you visit, and can't wait until the next time! Until then.....

Happy beading!
Meredith

Comments