Skip to main content

Easy Wire-Wrapped Bracelets: Katie Hacker



So, our babysitter comes over the other day and announces that she and her girlfriends are going shopping for bracelets to wear in a wedding this weekend. Hold the phone! I sweep her into my studio and we whip up these quick, wire-wrapped bracelet bangles using SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS in the wedding colors...peridot, fuchsia and Montana blue.

I love this technique because it's so simple and it can go so many different ways. The wire-wrapped bracelets can be a colorful and funky, like these, or classic with a monochromatic metallic palette. She and I agreed that the silver Artistic Wire makes the crystals pop on the hematite-color bangles.

Maybe it's because I have wire and crystals on the brain (I'm proofreading my forthcoming book: Live Wire Jewelry) but we made all five of these in less than half an hour! I love custom wedding jewelry because it makes such a nice memento, too.

Katie Hacker
Beadalon Design Team Member

Comments