Skip to main content

I Heart Wrappers: Fernando Dasilva


Wrappers are basically frames with notches around the edges. You can use them to wire-wrap and secure beads, stones or other findings within. Anything you make will become three-dimensional with lots of texture to it.
Above a simple charm bracelet using flat oval tiger-eye and howlite briolettes (dyed turquoise color). I used hematite 22-gauge Artistic Wire® to wrap the stones within those marquee shape Wrappers. It's my lucky charm bracelet. Watch those eyes!
Above, a way more complex piece made with several Wrappers filled with DeCoRe clay. I mixed small portions of the epoxy clay and kept it in place holding between my fingers and pressing one side down onto the back of a SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS crystal mesh.
On the opposite side, I set small pointed Swarovski® stones. The "ghost" touch was done gluing a piece of black Artistic Wire mesh on top of DeCoRe® clay as well.

Gunmetal chains work as the foundation of the piece, and then circles of black Beadalon 49 strands beading wire were added to it. Last but not least, I brought those peacock Labrador Czech glass beads to the spotlight because I feel like they would add that fabulous metallic print look. Those beads can be found through John Bead Corporation.

Fernando Dasilva
Beadalon Design Team Member


Comments