Skip to main content

Raindrop Bracelet with Iron Color Artistic Wire and the 3D Bracelet Jig

This week's Facebook Live Video showcased one of our newest colors of Artistic Wire - Iron Color. Available in gauges from 14-28, this Wire has a special finish that gives it a funky, industrial look that I think is perfect for heading into the Fall. I wanted to make a fun, fast project, so I used the 3D Bracelet Jig with all of the additional sizes of pegs.

Did you know that you can buy not only an additional set of 30 pegs in the size that comes with the Tool, but we also have pegs in 2 mm, 4 mm, 4.5 mm and 5 mm? A few of our lovely viewers commented that they had the tool, but hadn't played around with it much. I can totally relate to that sentiment as a professional level hoarder of craft supplies! I hope that today's project inspires you to dust off that 3D Bracelet Jig and start winding some wire.

The Cascade Bracelet, designed by Wyatt White, is the perfect jumping off point for all kinds of designs. That's one of the reasons that I love the 3D Bracelet Jig. It helps you make a starter canvas for all kinds of creativity.

Materials:
14 Gauge Artistic Wire
Artistic Wire Crimp Connectors for 14 Gauge Wire

Tools:
3D Bracelet Jig
Extra Pegs for 3D Bracelet Jig Variety Pack
Extra Pegs for 3D Bracelet Jig 2mm
Beadalon Flush Cutters
Mighty Crimping Pliers
Bent Chain Nose Pliers

Instructions:
Tip: Make sure you turn the Jig to bend the Wire, rather than wrap the Wire around the pegs.

  1. Set your pegs up in descending size order, skipping one peg over and down the Jig each time. Refer to the Jig in the Video for guidance with placement.
  2. Secure 14 Gauge Wire in one of the holes between the first and last sets of pegs, and turn the 3D Bracelet Jig clockwise to wrap the Wire around the pegs counter-clockwise.
  3. When you get to the last peg, leave some extra wire and snip it from the coil with the Beadalon Flush Cutters.
  4. Use Bent Chain Nose Pliers to remove the pegs from the Jig. Remember to put them together somewhere safe for next time!
  5. Trim the Wire ends to meet evenly and use the Mighty Crimping Pliers to add the Artistic Wire Crimp Tube.
  6. Now you have a wonderful bangle base to embellish with dangles, wraps, and beads to your heart's content! Remember that you can resize, make bigger, make smaller, twist, bend, hammer and embellish in all kinds of different ways.
I alluded to "my favorite headpin making technique", but ran out of time at the end to show it. I can't take credit for inventing it, but I am taking credit for trying to spread the word as often as I can because it's amazing! It's a knotted headpin, and you can see me demonstrate it at the beginning of the Wine Charms Tutorial here. I'm definitely going to incorporate that into my next Facebook Live Video because it's one of my all time favorite techniques.

I'm having so much fun with these Facebook Live Videos! I love having a half hour or so (plus prep time) to just focus on making something fun every other week. It's been a great workout for my creativity, and I've learned a number of new things along the way from my beading friends who participate. Thanks as always for joining me, and definitely let me know if there's something you'd like me to demonstrate in a future Video.

Happy beading!
Meredith




Comments