Not your grandma's Eyeglass Holders!
Recently, I've started to need readers to be able to see close up to do my beadwork. It does make a world of difference - especially threading those pesky needles! And if I'm going to need glasses, at least I can sparkle them up with some beautiful beads! This week's Facebook Live video is in two parts - (technical difficulties). Part one talks about the Bead Board and the Design process (with a special guest) and part two shows the finishing techniques. Remember, there's always a little chit chat in the beginning, so feel free to fast forward to the actual "doing", but you might miss some good info! This project is great for making Eye Glass Holders, but it's also a good reminder for basic stringing and crimping, too.
Beadalon Bead Stringing Wire
- Use a Bead Board to string up about 26 inches of beads. Focus on the ends to be where you make your pattern. The middle is where you can keep it simple since that part will be against your neck.
- String on a Crimp Bead and 8 more seed beads.
- Thread the wire around the loop of the Eyeglass Holder and back through the Crimp Bead.
- Use the Crimping Tool to crimp the Crimp Bead.
- Repeat steps 2-4 on the other side to attach the strand to the other Eyeglass Holder.
I was pleasantly surprised with how much I love having an Eyeglass Holder! I've finished up a couple and given them as gifts and they've all been well received. What do you think? Are you going to make one, too? Send us a photo and post on the Jewelry Making with Beadalon Facebook Page!