Skip to main content

Cute tassel earrings featuring the Jesse James Beads Magical Mystery Bead Box



Hey Beady Friends!

Last week's Facebook Live featured my good beady friend, Sarah James from Jesse James Beads. We always have so much fun when she visits, and I get to play with so many goodies! This time, she brought me the June Magical Mystery Bead Box and I got to open it up and go through it Live. It was a little different for me, since usually I spend a lot of time preparing projects for Facebook Live. But I love a good challenge, and designing under pressure is definitely a challenge for me!

The MMBB is a subscription box of beads and a featured project, and this month's JJB box included Beadalon findings and Suede Cord! To learn more about it and to sign up, check it out the JBB Site. I love the project that Sarah included in the box this month. It's a Cowgirl Leather Choker Necklace, and I can't wait to make it!

Of course, the first thing that I needed to do after opening up the box was to sort out the beads and findings and put like items together with their friends. That way, I could really see what I had to work with, and how many of each item I could incorporate into my design. Then, I needed to just get my hands moving. I was a little overwhelmed at first with all of the components in the box, so I started just making some wrapped loops and putting some of the beads together. Finally, things started to click.

We ended up making a super cute pair of earrings using the Beadalon Suede Lace and Cord Ends from the Bead Box, and Artistic Wire 20 gauge Wire and Earwire Findings Forms. I can't wait to use the components in the box to make a TON more projects.

Are you a MMBB subscriber? Show us what you've made in the Jewelry Making with Beadalon Facebook Group and be sure to set your reminders for the Beadalon Facebook Live Thursdays at 2:00pm EST.

Happy beading!
Meredith

Comments