It brings me such joy to host my beady friends on Facebook Live, and even more so when they bring such a fun and simple project for us to make! Tory from GoodyBeads used materials from some of my favorite companies - Swarovski, TierraCast, Leathercord USA, and of course, Beadalon - to make this holiday themed bracelet and earrings set. The bracelet is super simple, and while the earrings take a bit of finagling to get the loops to line up, the result is well worth it!
8-9 inches - 5mm Braided Metallic White Round Leather
Silver Round Memory Wire - bracelet size
Small silver seed bead for the top of the crystals
Silver Round Memory Wire - small ring size
2x Ear Wires
Instructions from Tory at GoodyBeads:
- Cut 3 rings of memory wire and string on your leather. Curve the leather to make it easier to get it on the memory wire.
- Add an end cap to both ends of the leather. Twist the end cap to get it onto the leather.
- On one side add a 10mm pearl, an 8mm pearl, a 6mm pearl and 5 x 5mm pearls.
- Use the memory wire finishing pliers to make a simple loop going outward on the side you added the pearls to.
- Push everything towards the loop you just made.
- On the other side of the add a 10mm pearl, an 8mm pearl, a 6mm pearl and 5 x 5mm pearls.
- Trim the memory wire and leave a half inch to ¾ inch of wire.
- Using the memory wire finishing pliers, make a simple loop going outward. Alternate making tightening you loops on either side until there is no excess wire showing.
- Cut 1.5 loops of ring sized memory wire.
- Use the memory wire finishing pliers to make a simple loop going outwards on one end of the memory wire.
- String onto your wire 3 x 4mm Pearls, a 5mm pearl and 3 more 4mm pearls.
- If needed, trim your wire so that the straight side extends past the loop about a half an inch.
- On the other end of your wire make a simple loop again going outwards.
- Now slowly and gently continue to curl your loops a little on each side until they line up together.
- Put the following beads on your head pin and make a large simple loop - 1 each of a 12mm Margarita, 10 Margarita, 8mm Margarita, 6mm margarita and a small seed bead.
- Open the loop on your dangle and put it through both loops of memory wire so that it hangs down into the ring. Close your loop.
- Open the loop on your ear wire and put it through both loops of the memory wire, close the loop of your ear wire.
- Repeat all steps for other earring.