MultiColor Artistic Wire is variegated wire that has three colors in one copper core wire. You can use it the same way as you would use Artistic Wire, but you get triple the color bang for your buck! There are 6 different color combinations and three gauges to choose from. My friends over at Jewel School on Jewelry Television asked me to film a little snippet for them about why I love MCAW so much. Here's the updated list!
Top 10 Reasons to Love MultiColor Artistic Wire:
10. Available in the three most popular wire gauges - 18, 20 and 22 - perfect for many wire wrapping projects including earrings, bracelets and necklaces
9. Complements so many different colors of gemstones, glass and crystal beads
8. Becomes part of the design, not just the structure
7. Makes clear beads pop and glow from within
6. 6 different color combinations, each coordinates perfectly with solid colors of Artistic Wire
5. Creates amazing variegated patterns when coiled
4. Totally unique, never before seen in any wire
3. Adds tons of color to designs in just one material
2. Features three colors in one wire
1. Makes a beautiful ombre effect for wire wrapped jewelry
1. Use the largest rod and the Professional Deluxe Coiling Gizmo to make a coil with the whole spool of the 20 gauge MCAW. (The whole spool will make two bracelets)
3. Use the Nylon Hamer to gently flatten the coil so the rings lay flat rather than upright.
4. Use your fingers to straighten out the length of coil.
5. Make an S Clasp with the Stepped Bail Making Pliers.
6. Measure and cut 7.5 inches, or the length that you'd like for your bracelet minus your clasp.
7. Use your fingers to gently bend the coil into a bracelet shape.
8. Use Round Nose Pliers to create a loop on each end large enough to slide over one small loop on the S -Clasp.
9. Open the other loop on the S-Clasp, and slide the other loop onto the S-Clasp.
Be sure to join us in the Jewelry Making with Beadalon Facebook Group and follow us on all of the socials!
Until next time - happy beading!